Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I sent the DD up to Idaho to spend the holiday with my folks, since I have to work. I don't mind working so much: we get double pay, we get catered lunch/dinner, it's usually very slow, and we have been asked to come in an hour early and so we get to leave an hour early as well.

What am I thankful for today? Mostly that RP's DD is okay. She had a serious health scare earlier in the week, but that has de-escalated and so all is well. Out of respect for privacy I will not say more, but suffice it to say: I rejoice along with them.

I am also thankful that the weather has been mild. It has been 60* here again the past few days, and I like that.

Gas prices are going down. I am making serious inroads in the gift-making department. Will add more as I think of them throughout the day.

*ETA*
So let me tell you how my whole TG weekend went.
I had to go to work for 5 hours, but it was fairly quiet and the catered dinner was yummy. Afterward I waffled between staying home and being miserable, or driving down to stay with friends in Ogden. I decided to go down, and I am glad that I did. They have a very open and welcoming house, and I always feel very loved and accepted there. The DD calls her Nana, and sometimes I do, too. I sat and cracked walnuts for the pies, and I watched while she cooked, and we talked, and we had supper, and we watched CSI (yay Roger Daltrey) and went to sleep. The next morning I hung out for awhile, but when people started showing up, I decided to go back home. I stayed home Friday, and my friend NN came down from Idaho and stayed the night on my couch, and we went back to Nana's on Saturday for "another Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat" and had a great time. NN wasn't quite so sure what to think of my friends, but he didn't fight too much about it.
Sunday I got up and went to church, and as it was Fast Sunday it was Testimony Meeting. I arrived a lilbit late so I didn't know what was going on. The bishop got up and informed us all that this was going to be a musical testimony meeting. If you felt so inclined, please come up, give the page number to your favourite hymn, and say a few sentences about it and we will sing one verse. At least a dozen songs were sung in this manner, and it was so amazing and wonderful. I wish we could do this a few times a year.
The DD came home shortly after I did and it was so good to see her. She had fun up in Idaho. My brother had stood in line at Wal-Mart for 24 hours to get the new Nintendo Wii so they spent the whole weekend playing video games.

No comments: