Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Tech Training Part Deux

It's bad enough that our interim team lead is a Soup Nazi, but my 20-something tech trainer (I am old enough to be her mother) is offended that I would like to knit while listening to her go On and On about nothing which interests me in the least. Consequently, only 10 rows have been accomplished on my second MegaBoots snock. Although I must confess to unfaithfulness because I have casted on for another felted Booga bag. My LYS doesn't carry Noro Kureyon, which is the brand specified in the pattern (click on Scout's blog and then go to BoogaJ) so yesterday after work I wandered up to the not-so-LYS in Smithfield to see what they had. They do carry Noro Kureyon, but only 6 colourways and none were particularly inspiring. So I chose some Plymouth Boku which is very similar and $2.50 cheaper. I am still in the experimenting stage, you see. Not so in-love with the colourway I chose, so this will probably become yet another gift. Odd that the first bag I made seems to be the one I enjoy the most.

I hate this tech training thing. But if I say too loudly that I dislike my job, the universe will see to it that I have no job at all to complain about. I don't like scary, uncertain things in my life. I like exciting, good things . . . . . but not the other. I hate being at a crossroads.

No comments: