Monday, January 28, 2008

Ceiling Cat Haz U 2

Our dear Prophet has passed away. My mother called me last night about 90 minutes after it happened, to tell me. My wonderful DD woke late this morning, but took extra care to dress in church clothes, in respect for President Hinckley. The Rexburg Temple is due to be dedicated next Sunday, and as I understand, plans had already been made for another member of the First Presidency to be there, rather than him, so it will probably go on as scheduled. If we follow tradition, President Monson will be ordained as prophet in the next few days.

I will miss President Hinckley. He has been so dear to us, even before he was Prophet.

1 comment:

shauna said...

I remember Spencer W. Kimball as THE prophet while I was a child. I was so sad when he died. President Hinckley has been the prophet of my adulthood and I'm feeling just as sad (if not more so) saying goodbye to him. He was so amazing, and personable! I loved that about him.