Sunday, April 01, 2007

Some More FO's

Wow it's been awhile. Sorry about that, but I've been busy with work and other extra-curricular activities. Want a run-down? Well, there's been a few FOs.












A second Moebius, made with vintage pink Phildar's Oxygene with purple Phildar kid mohair border. Short socks made from Universal's Ditto in purple stripe (love this yarn!) First Cousin socks (so-named because they aren't exactly fraternal twins) made from Opal Rodeo scraps. Close-up of toes, which I tried to use the reinforcing slip-stitch usually used on heel flaps. It's hard to see in the photo, but I'll let you know how they wear. Finally, a pair of short socks in Ditto's green stripes, for my boss. She likes green and purple, so I used the scraps from my own socks to do her toes. She loves them! Not pictured is another pair of short shocks, in Brown Sheep's WildFoote in the Elderberry colour-way. I am still using the Magic Loop method for socks, but I've modified it a bit by using DPNs while I'm decreasing on the heel gusset. It seems to eliminate stitch markers and missed decreases.

But lest you think that all I've been doing is knitting, let me set you straight. On Friday, my friend MiWi came by and we took down and put away my Christmas tree. She was absolutely horrified when she walked in and saw it still up on March 30. Well, I have a beautiful tree. It's white, with gold-painted seashells all over it. Unfortunately, no photos. But I do the same tree every year so I'll try to remember to take a photo next year. After we took the tree down, we needed some place to put the boxes, so we cleaned out my Harry Potter cupboard. MiWi is an organizer extraordinaire, and she was able to consolidate a lot of my *stuff* so that I had fewer boxes to deal with. She also helped me decide where to put my new bookshelf, and I've been filling it up with magazines that out-grew their other bookshelf.

Thursday, DD had a band concert. She did very very well, and she got TWO bouquets of flowers for her excellent performance. You may notice that she has gotten a haircut. She went up to Rexburg last weekend and MB cut her bangs. Also, she got a new hairwrap a few weeks at Nana's. Nana is teaching Panda how to do hairwraps, and so this was Panda's first real subject. And her court date for her school fight is this Tuesday. I cannot wait to blow this town.


And Messiah is over for 2007. Saturday's Logan performace was the best. We were spot-on, the audience was receptive, and we did the Hallelujah Chorus as an encore. The final performance in Ogden was filmed, and the DVDs will be available soon. You can go to the website linked two posts ago and order a DVD if you are so inclined.

Well, today is General Conference (or TV Church, as Mark always called it) and so I am going to make the bed and put on some pajama pants (I have a song about pajama pants) and hang out on the couch and knit during Conference. DD stayed the night at Tamar and Jamukha's place, so I'll have to go fetch her at lunchtime in between sessions. She needs to come home and sort her laundry so we can go to the laundromat tomorrow for Family Home Evening. Anybody need a Home Teaching project? I desperately need my washer to work. Love you all!

1 comment:

Raesha D said...

Wasn't conference great:) I actually got to watch some this year cause my husband worked (he's inactive)