Wednesday, June 13, 2007

On My Way

Doing my last-minute packing and cleaning. I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights, so I've been coming home from work and crashing for an hour or three. I had a scary experience last night, and I know that's why I wasn't able to sleep. As for the other days, I'm not sure. I finished two more pairs of socks, including the ones for my doctor. Yesterday I cast on for another pair, and finished the first one this morning at work. These are just shortie socks, but I am feeling a great sense of accomplishment because I am using leftovers from other socks to make them. My KnitPicks 24" size 1 circulars broke yesterday. Right at the join. I called them today, and she was so incredibly apologetic about it. Is sending out a replacement posthaste. She said they are guaranteed "forever", and I said they are my favourite needles, because they truly are. I love everything about them except the fact that they aren't in stores.

My emotions are running all over the place tonight. Sadness, depression, despondency, despair, mixed with a bit of apathy. My flight leaves at 10:45 am, so I am leaving for the airport at 6am. I have this fear of missing my flight, and of course I can entertain myself by knitting. Maybe I should run up to Beto's and grab something to eat. I don't remember eating today, so it's probably safe to say that I haven't.

See you when I get back from Chi-town!

PS Go read KnittyOtter's post. She said basically how I feel.

No comments: