Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Birthday

Twelve years ago I almost died. And now, every single day my daughter defies death! Just kidding, I love her and I'm glad she's here.

We had so much fun today! After church RP took us to Crystal Hot Springs where we stayed and played for two hours. It's a local hot springs, but instead of regular mineral water, it's salt water. And I mean it's really salty. There are several pools of varying temperatures, but the coldest pool is fresh water, so you have a chance to rinse off the salt before you go. They have a water slide, but it is closed on Sundays. I didn't like the water slide last time I went so I wasn't sad at all.



After we were thoroughly water-logged, we had dinner at Denny's. As usual, RP had to harrass the waitress. But she was a good sport about it and we had a nice dinner. And then back to the house for cake and ice cream!



September is my most favouritest month of the year. The weather is my kind of perfect, plus school is back in session! In less than two weeks is the big SCA camping event called Harvest War. The DD has been planning this outing for months. As I am sure you can guess, I do not camp. I will take her down to Mantua on Thursday after school, and I'll go down again Friday evening. I have to work both Saturday and Sunday that week, due to NFL, but I'll go down in the evenings to hang out for awhile. I love the temps being lower at night and in the mornings, then getting sunny and warm during the day, but not too hot. I like sunny, but I don't like high temps. I love early fall, I just wish it were longer around here!


This is the DD getting her dress fitted. We bought jacket nylon so the thing will wear like iron.

Okay that's it for now, maybe more later.

No comments: