Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Something to get my mind off other stuff



This is my latest FO, another Paris Loop Poncho, designed by Glampyre, posted on MagKnits. This is the 4th time I've made this, and I love it more and more every time I make a new one. This was made specially for my friend LT from work. She was having a rough week, because she had been overlooked once again for a position on the coaching team. She is very good at her job, and I felt sad that this had happened. To cheer her up I said I would knit her a poncho out of some yarn that she admired (NoBo from wallyworld) if she would just pick the colour. She chose the one that matches her hair almost exactly, and I think it just looks so nice all finished and modeled. The rest of the story is that just three days ago, she was told she had been chosen to move to the coaching team, so instead of an "I'm so sorry you didn't get the position" present, it's an "I'm so glad you got it!" present. A personal note to LT, Thank You for having faith in me and for being such a good teacher. I can't make it without your excellent tutelage.

1 comment:

dogfaeriex5 said...

beautiful poncho..you are a knitting faerie if i have ever see one!