Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I need intervention

Hello, my name is Tola, and I'm a yarnoholic.

It is pathetic and slightly disturbing. I counted up all my WIPs, and I had 11. Eleven. Four of them are snocks. Sick and wrong. Yes, I photographed them; no you can't see. It is Too Embarrassing. However, I did get busy and finish one of them. Actually, it was a hat the DD is making, I had to tink back 2 rows of ER because she had joined in some black to some teal green. Not a good combination. So now it would stand to reason that I am down to ten WIPs. . . . not so, I cast on for another Booga Bag Friday night. Got the i-cord done, and finished the bottom at work today. Picked up around the edge and have got 2 rounds done already. This one will be bigger (I hope) and will hold more "stuff". But it's not pink, it's blue.

Two of the WIPS are crochet projects, and I think I'll frog one because I have lost interest and crochet just plain hurts my hands too much. The other one is the circular jacket from Interweave Crochet. If I only do one round at a time, I think I can do it with a minimum of pain.

Went to the LYS the other day. She had just gotten in some Colonial rosewood DPNs, in 5.5 inch length, sizes 1 and 2. She let me try one with a sock-in-progress and I Have To Have. . . . . soon! If I thought Addi Naturas were pricey, these are even more so. I honestly dont care about the type of wood, although rosewood IS very pretty. But the length is perfect, the points are perfect, and the finish is perfect. Saving my pennies now . . . . . To make myself feel better, I bought a set of Brittanys in size 2. I do like the length of them but I still hate the points and the finish. Will I ever find the Perfect Sock Needle to go along with the Perfect Sock Pattern?

Am I the only person in the world who shops out of the laundry basket every day? About every 3 months or so I look at it and realize I am missing So Many Clothes, because they have migrated to the bottom of the basket. So tonight was my quarterly fold-and-put-away-the-clothes-hour. I emptied two baskets AND a box left over from moving a year ago. I know, I know . . . . . I always feel so much better when I do it but in another three months I'll be doing it again. I also went through my closet and tried on all my jeans and threw out several pair because there is No Way In Hell I will ever wear them again. I do like getting rid of stuff, but the actual process isn't so much fun. My next goal is to put away all the books and magazines that have been languishing in piles on my bedroom and living room floor.

No comments: