Monday, June 12, 2006

I hate driving

I really hate driving. I went up to Idaho today to fetch the DD. It is 91 miles and takes a little over an hour to get there. No A/C so I had the windows down the whole way and Jon Anderson on the iPod to keep me company. I didn't see one cop, but I did see two cars broken down on the side of the road, so I kept my eyes open. The drive home was warm because we had to keep the windows up so as not to upset the parakeet. We stopped for ice cream 20 miles from home.

I went to bed early last night because I was soooooo tired, and I slept until almost 10am. Church starts at 11am, and I wasn't concerned about being late. I am late every week. But then as I was just about to get into the car, I realized that this week church had been re-scheduled for 10am. I went back inside, got un-dressed-up, and sat on the couch in pyjama bottoms and a t-shirt until 5pm.
Knitting news: I finished LS's socks! No church and no kid meant I could work on the last part without interruption. They are blocking now, and I'll see her on Wednesday. I hope that she likes them. Here's a photo to prove to you the true ugliness of the colourway. I have cast-on for another pair of socks, this time in a slightly larger weight, but still with size 2.5 needles. I made a pair with this same yarn on size 3 needles, but now my gauge has loosened up and I want to see how these will turn out. It is not superwash, so I'll have to be careful with them when they are done. But as I already have 2 pairs done that aren't superwash, it won't be a big deal at all. They will most likely be too thick to wear with shoes anyway. More likely to be house socks or bed socks. I am okay with that!

No comments: