Thursday, June 01, 2006

Last days of school

Two more days of school and then it's summer! Since this is our first summer in Logan, we aren't quite sure what we are going to be doing. I know my mother has a family reunion scheduled for central Idaho in July, but other than that there are no plans.

Every day before I leave for work I write a message to my DD in the notebook we have for this purpose. It lists her chores for the afternoon and any special instructions. Tonight is Spinner's Night at the LYS, so we will be going to that as soon as I get home from work. I've got brownies in the oven for us to take. Tomorrow night is Knitters' Night. Since I am just learning how to spin, I go to both events. DD likes going as well. It's held in a very old commercial building downtown, and she likes to take my digital camera and wander around and take photos. I encourage that because that is how I started (25 years ago!)

She needs to call my mother tonight and discuss some possible summer plans. Right now my grandmother is staying with my parents, but I think they will take her home soon. DD told me last night she wants to go with, so hence the planning phone call that needs to take place. I am totally willing to drive her up there after work on Saturday night. I don't like my ward here and it doesn't bother me at all to miss church here and attend in Rexburg with people I know and care about.

Okay I need to hurry. DD slept late and missed her regular bus, and had stress finding her shoes and worrying about missing the other bus. She left her notebook that she and her friends are trading around with (kind of like a Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants-type thing as near as I can tell) and so I am going to be a nice mom and drop it off to her at school. I do love her even though I expect a lot from her.

*update*
Knitting news: Last week at SCA I cast on for a second Paris Loop Poncho from MagKnits and it is close to be half-done. I cast on for a third yesterday morning. I love WalMart's NoBo brand novelty yarn! I put my sock on stitch holders so I can cast on for my friend LS's second sock. She chose the most eyeball-burning colorway of Opal Rodeo (1153) and I just want to hurry and finish it before I go blind!

I know I need to photograph and document all my projects to date. I will, I will!!

No comments: